Trelby is a very nice well thought out, multi-platform, feature-rich screenwriting program. Trelby is simple and fast to make screenwriting simple. It is infinitely configurable. We gave it a test run and enjoy using it… Nothing to distract… just start writing. The ability to compare changes in scripts, a name database, capability to produce various reports, and much more.
- Screenplay editor: Enforces correct script format and pagination, auto-completion, and spell checking.
- Multiplatform : Behaves identically on all platforms, generating the exact same output.
- Choice of view: Multiple views, including draft view, WYSIWYG mode, and fullscreen to suit your writing style.
- Name database: Character name database containing over 200,000 names from various countries.
- Reporting: Scene/location/character/dialogue reports.
- Compare: Ability to compare scripts, so you know what changed between versions.
- Import: Screenplay formatted text, Final Draft XML (.fdx), Celtx (.celtx), Fountain (.fountain), Adobe Story (.astx) and Fade In Pro (.fadein).
- Export: PDF, formatted text, HTML, RTF, Final Draft XML (.fdx) and Fountain (.fountain).
- PDF: Built-in, highly configurable PDF generator. Supports embedding your chosen font. Also supports generating PDFs with custom watermarks, to help track shared files.
- Free software: Licensed under the GPL, Trelby welcomes developers and screenwriters to contribute in making it more useful.
Sounds promising doesnt it! Visit their website to see more screenshots and download the DEB file for Ubuntu users.